Friday, April 30, 2010

I have Conceived of a Business Idea!

8/31/07

Yesterday afternoon, on our way to sweeping the Boston Red Sox, I had an excellent business idea.

In the 6th inning, walking to the plate, my entrance music came on. I change the song a lot, but yesterday it was “Mambo Number Five” by Lou Bega. All the sudden, I was really hungry. I’d forgotten to eat lunch! I got nervous. I got really nervous because what if by the time I got food after the game, it didn’t go well with the music? A lot of dark things might happen. You never think about that, but I bet a bunch of unhappiness is caused by people eating things that are totally inappropriate for whatever music is playing. I couldn’t shake the fear, and after two pitches I flew out weakly to right.

After, in the dug-out, I had an awesome business idea. What if musicians suggested an appropriate food pairing for each of their songs? It would solve a huge problem. They could include the suggestions in the CD liner notes for every album, along with a picture of the food.

I need to talk to my agent, pronto. I need to get a patent, a trademark and several copyrights. If you read this, do not tell Mike Mussina. He’s known for stealing good ideas. He always tries to read my pocket inventor’s diary.

I wonder what food Lou Bega would choose for “Mambo Number Five?” Probably combos. Although I should point out right now, before things go any further, that the food and song do NOT have to rhyme. That would be juvenile.

Meanwhile, I have a terrible rash on my groin. Help, science!

No comments:

Post a Comment