Friday, April 30, 2010

I Might Start a Foundation

You guys have probably heard that Jorge Posada has a non-profit organization dedicated to raising money for craniosyntosis. I think that’s really admirable, and his example has inspired me to consider starting my own.

I don’t know which cause to choose. I’ve been reading a lot of internet articles about World War Two lately, so maybe something to do with Nazis. Like helping people who got hurt by the Nazis, or people who are still getting hurt by Nazis. It could be called the ANA: Anti-Nazi Association.

If people confuse that with the AMA, so much the better. There is no love in my heart for the AMA. In 2005, I contacted them on numerous occasions attempting to purchase an honorary PhD. They stonewalled me at every turn. I dealt with several rude men and women, and, despite making it clear that I had no desire to start an actual medical practice (at least in the United States), I left empty-handed. They snubbed me with the practiced, careless arrogance of the medical elite.

Actually, now that I think about it, I should just start a charity called AMA. But what could it stand for? Answer: American Militia Association. (Side note- because my therapist encourages me to be always honest, I will tell you truthfully that it took me four hours to come up with that name) Perfect. It can tie right into the Nazi idea.

The American Militia Association: private citizens dedicated to eradicating Nazis in the United States. The AMA.

This is going to be huge. I’m going to bring the other AMA to its knees. Before all is said and done, I will be a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment